HORNADY .45 AUTO 20/BOX FTX CD 185GR
Hornady .45 Auto 20/BOX FTX CD 185gr
Critical Defense® handgun ammunition is built to meet the needs and requirements of individuals serving the law enforcement and military communities in a variety of specialized assignments. Whether serving in executive protection, undercover operations, backup weapon or off-duty carry, Critical Defense® provides controlled expansion while mitigating the liability of over penetration, which is a vital part of operating in these environments.
The patented FTX® technology used in Critical Defense® ammunition eliminates the clogging and inconsistent expansion and penetration that often plagues hollow point bullets. All Critical Defense® ammunition is loaded in nickel cases for improved feeding and increased visibility in low-light situations. Critical Defense® is unaffected by thick, heavy clothing (including denim and leather) and delivers superior controlled expansion with deep wound cavities over a wide range of velocities. Premium low flash propellants deliver proven performance that has been specifically tailored for short-barreled handguns. Critical Defense® is the most effective, consistent, and reliable ammunition available for use in these specialized environments!
- Ballistic Coefficient: .140
- Sectional Density: .130
- Bullet Length: 1.245"
- Recommended Rifling Twist Rate: Performance achieved in 1:16" twist
- Characteristics: Flex Tip®
- FTX® (Flex Tip eXpanding)
- 45 AUTO
- Manufacturer's name (Hornady) and caliber designation (45 AUTO) imprinted on case head
- Nickel Plated POWDER & PRIMER
- Powder: Temperature stable with flash retardant
- Primer: Sealed primer, Small pistol, Sealed case mouth
PACKAGING & LOT NUMBERS
- 20 rounds per box
- 10 boxes per case (200 rounds per case)
- Lot numbers on each box and case
ALL ammunition orders must have a signed copy of our Ammunition Authorization Form faxed/mailed in with/before the order is placed.