FAQ | Tactical Gear and Police Equipment from GT Distributors
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I go about making a personal weapon purchase?
The first step in the gun order process is to qualify that you do not have any restrictions that would prohibit a gun sale through G T Distributors. Please see our weapons policy to qualify your potential purchase. At this point you are welcome to call us at 1-800-775-5996 to order by phone or visit our showroom in Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Orange Park, FL, Overland Park, KS, or Rossville, GA depending on your location. Qualified orders can be legally transferred over the counter by completing proper paperwork and providing proper identification at either location. Orders by phone can be legally shipped in one of two ways. First-we can ship to your department if you mail us a properly formatted letterhead -or- we can ship to an FFL dealer near you if you fax a copy of the FFL license to us. You can then complete the transfer at the respective FFL dealer (any fees incurred at time of transfer are between you and the FFL dealer you have chosen.
2) Do you sell to civilians?
Yes, we do sell to civilians with restrictions. Civilians are welcome to come to either of our retail showrooms and shop, place orders over the phone, or place orders online through our secure website. If you request an item that labels you as a law enforcement officer or you are requesting certain weapons, knives, or ammunition a copy of your department identification will be required as some items are restricted to law enforcement only.
3) Can I bring my wife or children in to the store with me?
Yes, wives and children like civilians are welcome to come in to the store with you. G T Distributors is family owned and operated and we would love for you to bring your family in with you to shop. We do request that your children please not play with or touch any merchandise for their safety and that you not let them run though the store.
4) How can I track my order?
You can track your order through our website at: http://www.gtdist.com/track
You will need your 6 digit order number provided to you at the time of your phone order or you can call one of our customer service representatives and we will gladly track your order for you. If UPS responds with unable to track package, a couple of things may be occurring.
- UPS has not received it yet from us or registered it in their system.
- The confirmation or master number may be entered incorrectly.
- The item you requested may be set up to come to you directly from the manufacturer.
A customer service representative can verify for you why your package is not tracking by calling 1-800-775-5996. You can also inquire by email to the status of your order via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) What hours are you open?
ALL LOCATIONS: 8:30AM- 6:00PM and Saturday 9:00am - 4:00pm
Holiday hours or special Saturday sales will be posted on the home page of our website.
6) How can I receive your catalog?
Just click on the catalog request button on the left hand side of any page on our website or follow this link.
7) What is the difference between individual officer pricing and FET pricing?
-Individual officer pricing applies on any purchase in which the officer is purchasing the weapon personally and will be taking ownership of the weapon.
-FET pricing (Federal Excise Tax) applies in the a case in which the department is paying for the weapon and is purchasing it for tax exempt department use only. To obtain this pricing, your purchase will require departmental purchase orders as well as a completed exemption form.
8) I am coming into the store to purchase a gun, what do I need to bring with me?
-Make sure to bring your drivers license with your current address and if it is a gun that is restricted to law enforcement only, please bring your department identification. If you are going through the academy and have not yet received your department ID, please bring in your letter of acceptance and a copy of your current driver license. Members of the armed forces should bring a copy of the PCS orders if they are not a resident of the state the store is located. A background check will be done while you are in the store.
If you have a concealed handguns license a background check is not required.
Correctly formatted departmental letterhead will also allow you to complete your weapon purchase without the completion of a background check.
9) I want to purchase a weapon, but I cannot come to the store. What paperwork do I need.
- Correctly formatted departmental letterhead will allow legal transfer of your weapon into your name via shipment to your agency when shipped to your supervisor.
- We can also ship to a registered FFL dealer. We require that you fax us a legible copy of the dealer’s license. Fax to TX location at 1-800-480-5845. Fax to Georgia at 1-800-480-5846.
10) What are GT's return policies?
- G T Distributors will gladly refund, credit or exchange any regularly stocked items in unused condition and in original packaging. Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase. Any used, worn, or washed merchandise cannot be returned.
- Special order items, items that have been altered, decorated, engraved, customized or embellished cannot be returned. We will honor returns of this nature if we have in any way missed the mark or made an error on your custom order.
- All clearance or close out items are sold “as is” and cannot be returned.
- No returns on firearms and ammo unless it was an error on GT’s fault due to liability.
- All returns should include a copy the original packing slip and/or the return form that was included in your package.
- Prior to returning any items, contact us to obtain a return authorization number. This can be done by phone at 1-800-775-5996 or by email to email@example.com. Returns without return authorization numbers will be delayed.
- For a complete list of our return policies, please click here.