Red Dot Handgun Instructor 3 day TCOLE #2529
Course instruction provided by TCOLE Instructor Kirby Evans of GT Distributors Course Fee is $600.00.
Course Dates: December 5 -7 2023. This is a 3 day, 22hr TCOLE course 8am-5pm.
Hosted by: South Texas College Regional Center for Public Safety Excellence
Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office
711 E. El Cibolo Rd.
The 3 day (500rd) TCOLE Red Dot Handgun Instructor course is designed around current TCOLE Firearms Instructors who are already familiar with Red Dot Sight equipped pistols. This course is designed by a veteran TCOLE instructor to insure that instruction, implementation, policy and program development will successfully withstand any vetting processes. TCOLE credit will be posted by the host agency upon completion of course. This course will cover multiple areas including but not limited to:
- Utilization and benefits of RDS on a handgun
- Policy development and implementation
- Common RDS issues
- RDS proficiency testing, day/low light standards
- RDS mounting
- RDS manipulation
- Zero distances
- Occluded shooting, additional sight methods
- RDS parallax
- Tracking the dot and shooter analysis
Focus will be on the fundamental skills you need to consistently and efficiently utilize your RDS pistol in real world applications. We have packed this course with instructor information to help make you a better instructor. You will leave the course with a greater understanding and more advanced instructor skill level.
- Hold a TCOLE Peace Officer License
- Ballistic vest is mandatory
- Red Dot Optic equipped duty pistol and 3 magazines (with at least 2 magazine pouches)
- Reliable duty holster that fits the RDS Pistol (no Serpa holsters)
- Magazine pouch
- Cleaning gear for pistol
- Pen, pencil and writing material
- Eye and ear protection
- Appropriate Range clothing
- 500 rounds of pistol ammunition
* Ammunition may be available for purchase through www.gtdist.com .
* Loaner weapons may be available.
A non-refundable deposit of $300.00 will be required to hold a slot in the course if the course is not paid in full.
Full payment must be completed 30 days prior to the start of the course.
GT’s requires a minimum of 30 days cancelation notification to be given via email for anyone who has fully paid but can’t attend the course. This will need to be completed to be credited the refundable portion of the course fees. Any course cancelation notices via text or by phone will not be accepted.
Cancelations less than 30 days are non-refundable
You will need the following information.
- Name as it shows on TCOLE
- TCOLE PID #
- Contact number and email
- Payment method